Following a dominant performance at the Manchester Chamber debate, business leaders in Manchester endorse Joyce Craig for re-election.
MANCHESTER, NH — After winning the Manchester Chamber debate, Mayor Joyce Craig announces endorsements from 25 Manchester business leaders.
“Ensuring Manchester remains business-friendly is vital to the growth of our city,” said Mayor Joyce Craig. “Throughout the pandemic, I partnered with business leaders to develop the Small Business Resiliency Grant program, which helped to retain and create jobs for small businesses. Using federal funds, we’re currently expanding that program, administering $2 million to help our local small businesses thrive. As Mayor, I’ll continue to fight for local businesses and search for creative opportunities to bring new industries to the Queen City.”
“I am supporting Mayor Craig because of her positive vision for Manchester not only for today, but also for its future. The Mayor and I share a vision for a more pedestrian friendly Elm Street. Her open style of communication is exactly what Manchester needs,” said Peter Macone, Operations Manager/Partner, Republic Cafe and Campo Enoteca
“We appreciate Mayor Craig’s initiatives with shop local — from coffee hours to supporting outdoor parklets for businesses during COVID, she is here for us! We look forward to her programming around small business Saturday,” stated Liz Hitchcock, Bookery
“I always say as Manchester’s economy goes, so does the neighboring towns. Mayor Craig’s impressive pro-business record benefits the entire region. I appreciate that Mayor Craig is an on-the-ground Mayor, constantly communicating with business owners actively looking to find solutions to any potential issues,” added Tom Boucher, Owner, CJ’s Great West Grill and Great NH Restaurants, Inc.
In addition to developing the Small Business Resiliency Grant Program, Mayor Craig has continually worked to foster economic growth in Manchester.
- Expanded outdoor dining throughout the pandemic, allowing restaurants to safely offer greater dining capacity, and making our downtown more vibrant.
- Saw the first new development in decades in the Millyard with the building of the Tru by Hilton hotel in the Millyard, a Marriott hotel across the street from the SNHU Arena, and a 1,700 parking garage that will allow businesses to grow
- Hiring an Economic Development Director and a Business Liaison within the Manchester Economic Development Office.
- Updating and modernizing Manchester’s branding strategy to better support the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport and the local hospitality and tourism industries that have been heavily impacted by COVID-19
- Partnered with the Manchester Development Corporation and the Palace Theatre to renovate the dilapidated Rex Theatre, reviving the space into a 300-seat entertainment venue in downtown.
- In partnership with the State, developed a successful proposal to bring BAE Systems into Manchester, creating 800 new, high paying jobs.
- Working with DEKA to bring a VertiPort into the city, which would transport life-saving organs from the Millyard to hospitals in Cambridge or Dartmouth in just 15 minutes.
Business Leaders Include:
- Robb Curry, Co-Owner, Madears
- Kyle Davis, Co-Owner, Madears
- Richard Power, Owner, Power Real Estate
- Michael Power, Project Manager, Power Real Estate
- Aaron Share, Co-Owner, To Share Brewing Company
- Jenni Share, Co-Owner, To Share Brewing Company
- Tyler Goodwin, CEO, Goodwin Family Management
- Liz Hitchcock, Entrepreneur and Owner of BookeryMHT
- Kenny Frasch, Co-Owner, The HopKnot
- Habib Ullah, Business Leader
- Heather Lavoie, Healthcare Technology Executive
- Jeremy Hitchcock, Founder and CEO, Minim, and Founder of Dyn
- Gray Chynoweth, Entrepreneur and Investor
- Howard Brodsky, Co-Founder, Chairman, and Co-CEO, CCA Global Partners
- Sarah Tor Dak, Glow Hair Braiding LLC
- Sandra Almonte, Owner, Don Quijote Restaurant
- Roland Bergeron, Owner, Granite State Barber Shop
- Tom Boucher, Owner, CJ’s Great West Grill and Great NH Restaurants, Inc.
- Dave Casignino, Co-Owner, Boards and Brews
- Will Kanteres, Principal Broker, Kanteres Real Estate
- Peter Macone, Operations Manager/Partner, Republic Cafe and Campo Enoteca
- Tilak Niroula, Regional Care Manager, CarePoint Plus
- Amjad Rana, Owner, Seven Days Markets
- Marlana Trombley, Founder/Growth Strategist, Prosper Peak
- George Jumpp, Jumpp Chiropractic