Under Mayor Craig’s leadership, Manchester has seen an unprecedented level of economic growth. In her first term, the Queen City has brought in more than 800 new, high-paying jobs, seen the first new development in the Millyard in decades, transformed the dilapidated Rex Theatre, and saw over $250 million in new, private investments in economic development.
Growing our Economy
- Partnering with the Manchester Development Corporation and the Palace Theatre to renovate the dilapidated Rex Theatre, and revive the 300-seat entertainment venue in downtown
- Secured $4.6 million in federal funding as part of the Community Improvement Program (CIP)
- Saw the first new development in decades in the Millyard with the building of the Tru by Hilton hotel in the Millyard, a Marriott hotel across the street from the SNHU Arena, and a 1,700 parking garage that will allow businesses to grow.
- Partnered with local businesses, non-profits and residents to apply for a Better Utilizing Investments to Leverage Development (BUILD) grant to improve traffic patterns and redevelop the South Elm Street area
- Attracted more airline services to the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, directly connecting Manchester to Chicago O’Hare and Washington-Dulles.
- Established Mayor’s Business and Economic Development Council to create a plan for long and short term economic growth
- Endorsed by over 65 Manchester business leaders